In connection with repair work, the arrival of motor transport on the territory of the Memorial complex is closed, except for excursion groups. For additional information, please call: (044) 285-94-52
A new exhibition of the Museum project “Ukrainian East” is entitled “On the line of fire”. The story of the victories and sacrifices of the patriots of Ukraine, who in the eastern territories of our state defend its sovereignty with the Russian aggressor, overcome the consequences of hostile intervention and tear the creeping Putinism and hybrid war crimes.
In the exhibition landscape, outlined by the conditional and expositional clusters-blocks of “Ours”, “Aliens” and “(Non) aliens”, the fire line in the zone of the Operation of the Joint Forces in the East of Ukraine is symbolically replicated.
In the exposition space of the section “Ours” the line of fire runs through damaged and mutilated, but life-saving vehicles for warriors and volunteers; and uplifted 27 blue-yellow flags – the symbols of administrative and territorial units of unitary state continue and highlight this area. They foretell our Victory. Road signs and pointers of settlements that had previously paved the lines of peaceful allocation, now are damaged by hostile shelling, denote the notional boundary between war and peace, between “Ours” and “Aliens”.
The topic of hybrid warfare, which Russia conducts by various methods and means, reveals the block of the exposition “Aliens”. Here is a series of irrefutable evidence of Russian aggression against Ukraine.
The section “(Non) aliens” is about the difficult fate of residents of Donbas, who were in zone of war.
The location of exhibits on a conditional line of fire from the beginning of the exposition to its completion reflects the dynamics of hostilities, the gradual extinction of the fire tension and gradually transforms into a “hall of hope”, presented by several museum installations.
The exhibition is in the entrance hall of the museum's main exposition.
The exhibition “The Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (UGCC) – time of trial” is open in the main exposition.
With the help of museum exhibits the key events are represented on the difficult way to the revival, and the memory of the priests and Greek Catholics is honored. The biographies of the Greek Catholic priests who carried out pastoral activities during the Soviet and the Nazi occupations of Galicia are emphasized. Despite a broad campaign of persecution, intimidation, discrediting of the Greek Catholic clergy, charges of having links to the Ukrainian nationalist underground, the spiritual Fathers provided the church itself in the most difficult historical circumstances, preserved the opportunity for worshipers to have access to the sacraments, saved the Jews during the Nazi occupation and helped the insurgents.
The museum scientists collected the original materials bit by bit during many business trips; they are the evidences of deep Christian faith and unbending loyalty to the Church and people. Up till now they were carefully hidden in semi-closed personal collections. The exhibits are presented to the general public for the first time.
In space of the exhibition “The Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (UGCC) – time of trial” there is a temporary exposition of Lubomyr Husar’s personal belongings presented to the general public for the first time. The patriarchal clothing, the crosses, the panagias, a unique watch, a staff and a diary are almost all material things left us by the Blessed. These objects emit light, goodness and grace. Lubomyr Husar has made the significant efforts in the development of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church after a difficult period of "survival". In memory of the Ukrainians, he remained a man of peace who exuded love for all.
We invite you to visit an exhibition about the thorny path of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and feel the warm embrace of its Father – Lubomyr Husar.
The new exhibition is created under the museum project "Ukrainian East".
For the past four years, holding the breath, all Ukraine has been watching for the work of doctors from Dnipropetrovsk Regional Clinical Hospital named after I.I. Mechnikov who as angels guard the line of life and death.
This hospital has become an outpost between war and peace, and a unique brand in the medical industry of Ukraine. During the war in Eastern Ukraine more than 2,500 wounded passed through their caring hands, sensitive hearts and merciful souls. They performed thousands of surgical operations and rehabilitation measures, 99% of the wounded Ukrainian soldiers, taken from the frontline, were saved by them.
Visitors will be able to visit the symbolic operating room, read the stories about the best doctors and the soldiers saved by them. All materials used are authentic. The museum scientists went on a business trip to the city of Dnipro twice, and inspired by daily feat of this team they prepared an exhibition-story. This is gratitude and a present to a unique team for the 220th anniversary of the institution’s foundation. We invite you to visit a new exhibition!
Exhibition project «Brest Peace» is dedicated to one of the most significant events in the history of Ukrainian state-building. 100 years ago, on February 9, 1918, a peace agreement was signed between the countries of Quadruple Alliance (Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, Turkey) and the Ukrainian People's Republic, which was the first manifestation of diplomacy for the young Ukrainian state, an evidence of the international recognition of its independence and the formation of a nation.
In the exposition, presented in the form of a trident (was approved in 1918 as the Emblem of the Ukrainian National Republic (UNR)), there are the materials of the funds of the National Museum of the History of Ukraine in Second World War, the Central State Archives of Supreme Bodies of Power and Government of Ukraine, the Olzhych Library, as well as from the private collections of Oleksii Sheremetiev and Dmytro Pirkl. Among the artifacts you can see: the documents, in particular the texts of the universalists of the Ukrainian Central Rada, brochures and books, photographs and posters of 1914 – 1918, illustrations from newspapers and magazines, samples of weapons and military equipment of the armies of Quadruple Alliance and Entente, personal belongings of the Ukrainians – participants of the First World War.
The «Brest Peace» exposition can be visited during the year of 2018.
The work of filling of e-collections continues. The creation of the second digital collection «Official Archive of Andrii Myhalevych» has started. It consists of 20 artifacts; altogether it will include 234 museum objects.
Andrii Myhalevych («Kos», «Denys», «13»). Since May 1946 he has been a guide of the Starovyzhivskii district (rayonny) wire of OUN (Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists), since April 1947 – guide of the Starovyzhivskii overdistrict (nadrayonny) wire of OUN. Since 1949 he has been the deputy guide, assistance of the Security Service of the Kovel district of OUN in the North-Eastern Ukrainian territories. In 1951 he died as a result of special operation of the tactical group of the Ministry of State Security.
The collection has mass of originals of 1943 – 1950. According to their topic and sort they are divided in four main groups: the normative and personal documents, the accounts, the popular educational editions of the Main UPA Command. Permanent location of content – here.